What is Carbon Facial?
A carbon peel is a revolutionary laser treatment that is completely painless with minimal-to-zero downtime. It is highly beneficial for people with oily skin, blackheads, enlarged pores, dull skin, and acne on the face or body. It is also an excellent way to exfoliate and refresh your skin, providing an instant refreshed appearance and leaving skin feeling softer, smoother and firmer.
A layer of liquid carbon is applied to the skin, where it penetrates deep into the pores. Laser light is highly attracted to the carbon particles. When the laser is passed over the area, it destroys the carbon, taking dead skin cells, contaminants and oil with it. This treatment provides several benefits and a massive hit with celebrities please click here for more information.
Carbon can absorb oil and contaminants from deep within the pores. When the laser is passed over the treatment area it targets and destroys the carbon particles, taking any absorbed material with it.
As the carbon is targeted by the laser, it blasts away dead skin cells, blackheads and effectively exfoliates the skin. The result is softer, radiant skin with reduced pore size and an evener skin tone.
Carbon peels also target the deep layers of the skin to stimulate collagen production, which in turn produces firmer, plumper skin, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, and leaves skin feeling tighter and glowing.
Acne and Oil Destroying
The heat produced by carbon peels has 2 additional benefits. It reduces the P.Acnes bacteria responsible for acne, allowing for better management of pimples and outbreaks, and it also shrinks sebaceous glands (oil-producing glands), resulting in less oil production, and therefore reducing congestion building up in the pores. Treatments can be performed on any part of the body, including the back and chest.
Benefits of a Carbon Facial
- Reduces Fine Line & Wrinkles
- Minimises Pore Size
- Reduces Acne, Scars, and Acne Discolouration
- Reduces Oil Secretion
- Clears Pores to Reduce Blackheads & Whiteheads
- Removes Dead Skin Cells From Superficial •Epidermal Layer
- Improves Skin Texture
- Lasts around 30-40 minutes
- No recovery time
Clinically proven to improve skin please click here for more information
Book your appointment now
As with all skin treatments, carbon peels should be supplemented by a good skin-care routine, and daily use of a high-spectrum sunscreen as your skin will be extra sensitive. Noticeable results can be experienced after a single treatment, but for maximum long-term results, we recommend a course of treatments with one every 2-4 weeks.
We regularly update our social media pages with pictures and offers so don’t forget to give us a like/follow. If you have any further questions please message or call us. Alternatively, you can book online via our website or social media pages.
Possible side effects
- In rare cases, the area may be itchy or swollen for a few days.
- Blisters / scabs / bruising: these are rare. This usually takes 7-14 days to heal and will not affect the result of the treatment – if you do get any blisters, do not pick these as you could encourage scarring.
- Hyper/Hypopigmentation: skin can develop temporary lightening or darkening after laser treatment. Pigment changes can be worsened with sun exposure but are usually temporary. Please contact us if you experience this.
- Infection: as with any treatment that affects the skin, there is always a chance of infection through it is exceedingly rare with this treatment.
- Patients with unrealistic expectations, such as those who seek complete eradication of wrinkles or scars.
- Patients with a tendency to form keloid and hypertrophic scars.
- People that have taken isotretinoin within the previous 6 months.
- Active cutaneous bacterial skin infections or herpes simplex (cold sores) in the area to be treated.
- Prior ionising radiation to the area to be treated.
- Connective tissue diseases.
- Previous deep chemical peel or dermabrasion.
- Fitzpatrick skin phototypes 5 or 6 (darkly pigmented skin).
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) or hepatitis C infections.
- Allergies to carbon Paste this treatment requires a patch test. No treatment will be given without one.
Carbon Facial Pre- Treatment
- No sun exposure in treated area 48 hours prior (this includes sunbeds) as there will be a high risk of burning.
- No fake tan.
- Please remove all makeup before the appointment if the face is being treated.
- It is important you inform your clinician if you have any changes to your medical health or medications in between sessions as some medications such anti-biotics can be a contraindication.
Carbon Facial Post-Treatment
- No sun exposure in treated area hours post-treatment (this includes sunbeds).
- Use SPF 30 on the face for the next 48 hours.
- Use a cold compress or Aloe Vera Gel if needed.
- Please do not use any creams or lotions with alcohol in that may cause a burning sensation.
- If you find that side effects listed above persist longer than 72 hours please seek medical advice.