Laser skin rejuvenation facial
Laser rejuvenation is a high-tech, non-ablative procedure, which decreases the signs of ageing and achieves a perfect, fresh appearance of the skin. This therapy can complexly treat all scars, caused by genetic changes, ageing or photoaging – rosacea, widened pores, pigmentations, uneven skin surface, fine lines. The procedure is proven effective to stimulate the synthesis of new collagen.
As the year’s progress and skin are exposed to UV radiation, the collagen and elastin fibres get looser. Their elasticity decreases, as well as the synthesis of hyaluronic acid. With the laser rejuvenation procedures, the top layer of the derma is heated to a specific temperature, causing it to change the structure. This process stimulates the fibroblasts to synthesize new collagen and elastin fibres. Small blood vessels are reduced, pigmentations become lighter, widened pores become tighter, skin becomes visibly smoother and fine lines decrease. In the zones with atrophic scars, the skin’s condition visibly improves.
The collagen and elastin fibres, as well as hyaluronic acid, are the main structures in the derma, responsible for elasticity and hydration of the skin. If you have previously tried peels and microdermabrasion and want to hit the deeper layers of skin then this is a treatment for you.
Benefits of a Laser skin rejuvenation facial
- Reduces Fine Line & Wrinkles
- Minimises Pore Size
- Reduces Acne, Scars, and Acne Discolouration
- Reduces Oil Secretion
- Clears Pores to Reduce Blackheads & Whiteheads
- Removes Dead Skin Cells From Superficial •Epidermal Layer
- Improves Skin Texture
- Lasts around 30-40 minutes
- No recovery time
- FDA approved
Book your appointment now
As with all skin treatments, laser facials should be supplemented by a good skin-care routine, and daily use of a high-spectrum sunscreen as your skin will be extra sensitive. Noticeable results can be experienced after a single treatment, but for maximum long-term results, we recommend a course of treatments with one every 2-4 weeks.
We regularly update our social media pages with pictures and offers so don’t forget to give us a like/follow. If you have any further questions please message or call us. Alternatively, you can book online via our website or social media pages.
Laser skin rejuvenation treatment may be unsuitable in the following circumstances:
- Patients with unrealistic expectations, such as those who seek complete eradication of wrinkles or scars.
- Patients with a tendency to form keloid and hypertrophic scars.
- People that have taken isotretinoin within the previous 6 months.
- Active cutaneous bacterial skin infections or herpes simplex (cold sores) in the area to be treated.
- Prior ionising radiation to the area to be treated.
- Connective tissue diseases.
- Previous deep chemical peel or dermabrasion.
- Fitzpatrick skin phototypes 5 or 6 (darkly pigmented skin).
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) or hepatitis C infections.
- Allergies to carbon paste, this treatment requires a patch test, treatment will not be given without one.
Possible Side effects
- In rare cases, the area may be itchy or swollen for a few days.
- Blisters / scabs / bruising: these are rare. This usually takes 7-14 days to heal and will not affect the result of the treatment – if you do get any blisters, do not pick these as you could encourage scarring.
- Hyper/Hypopigmentation: skin can develop temporary lightening or darkening after laser treatment. Pigment changes can be worsened with sun exposure but are usually temporary. Please contact us if you experience this.
- Infection: as with any treatment that affects the skin, there is always a chance of infection though it is extremely rare with this treatment.
Laser skin rejuvenation facial Pre- Treatment
- No sun exposure in treated area 2 weeks prior (this includes sunbeds) as there will be a high risk of burning.
- No fake tan.
- Please remove all makeup before the appointment if the face is being treated.
- It is important you inform your clinician if you have any changes to your medical health or medications in between sessions, some medication such anti-biotics can be a contraindication.
Laser skin rejuvenation facial Post-Treatment
- No sun exposure in treated area 2 weeks post-treatment (this includes sunbeds).
- Use SPF 30 on the face for the next 48 hours.
- Use a cold compress or Aloe Vera Gel if needed.
- Please do not use any creams or lotions with alcohol in that may cause a burning sensation.
- If you find that side effects listed above persist longer than 72 hours please seek medical advice.